- You must be an animal lover, preferably a pet owner.
- You should be in reasonable fitness with a good standard of health.
- All our carers are CRB certified and you will need to undergo a CRB check as a provision of your employment.
- Upon a succesful interview, suitable references will be saught.
- You must be over 18 years of age.
- You will be required to provide your own public liability insurance (Inexpensive)
- Flexibility of time is a must. Many of the animals we care for like walks at lunchtime or during working hours.
- As many of the pets we care for are spread throughout the areas we cover, vehicular transport is a must..
If suitable we will offer you an interview, you will be required to provide two references and Criminal Records Disclosure or Subject Access form.
On successful application we will look for a suitable assignment for you.
What is expected of you;
Dog walkers / Cat feeders / House sitters
It may sound silly, but sometimes it helps to put in writing what is obvious to everyone. That way all parties know from the outset what is expected of them. With dog walking, cat feeding and house sitting. Our clients are trusting you with some of their most valued possessions, namely their property and their loved animals. You will be expected to visit the client’s home while they are away, and provide food, water and love to their animals. You will change litter, take them for walks and provide loving care as if they were your own. In the case of ederley or infirm animals who may not be able to go for walks, you will be expected to spend that time with them, showing them affection and care. Additionally, certain household duties will become your responsibility such as mail collection, open and closing curtains and energy conservation (turn OFF the lights!!).
Pet Boarding/Doggie Daycare
Pet boarding and Doggie Day Care are, if anything even more important than the home visits as our clients are allowing you to take their loved ones to your home for safe keeping. While they will provide you with food, toys and medication. You will be responsible for all the love, affection. and attention that they would normally get from their owners